INITIATIVES >> Trailblazer Awards
Award Eligibility & Criteria
The Trailblazer Awards are open to women business owners of companies:
- with sole or majority (51% or more) ownership held by one woman, two or more women, or a series of women consecutively over the period, of the same company;
- headquartered and registered in the State of Wisconsin;
- in compliance and good-standing with all applicable government legal, regulatory and program requirements; and
- that meet criteria 1 through 3, plus meet the specific period of time required for a Pioneer or Thrive Award, or the generational component required for a Torchbearer Award:
- Pioneer Award: for the past 25 years or more.
- Thrive Award: for the past 50 years or more.
- Torchbearer Award: is a 3rd generation or more, family-owned business, owned and operated by a female relative of the founder.
Who can nominate a business owner?
Individuals and organizations, including business and professional associations, chambers of commerce, elected officials, employees and other friends or colleagues are all invited to a business owner for Wisconsin's Governorís Trailblazer Awards for Women in Business.
Business owners are also invited to self-nominate.
Back to Trailblazer Homepage