Governor's Trailblazer Awards for Women in Business
A Wisconsin Women's Council Program
Award Programs and Recipients
2007 | 2009 | 2012 | 2014 | 2016 | 2018| Next: 2020
The Trailblazer Awards are open to women business owners of companies:
- with sole or majority (51% or more) ownership held by one woman, two or more women, or a series of women consecutively over the period, of the same company;
- headquartered and registered in the State of Wisconsin;
- in compliance and good-standing with all applicable government legal, regulatory and program requirements; and
- that meet criteria 1 through 3, plus meet the specific period required for a Pioneer or Thrive Award, or the generational component required for a Torchbearer Award, or "number of employees" component for Forward Award:
Special Recognition Awards are nominated through a partnership with the Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC).
- Pioneer Award: majority woman-owned, by one or more women or a series of women, continuously for the past 25 years or more
- Thrive Award: as above, for the past 50 years or more
- Torchbearer Award: currently 3rd generation or more, family-owned business, now majority woman-owned by a female relative of the founder
- Forward Award: 100 or more full-time equivalent employees
Who can nominate a business owner?
Individuals and organizations, including business and professional associations, chambers of commerce, elected officials, employees and other friends or colleagues are all invited to a business owner for Wisconsin's Governor’s Trailblazer Awards for Women in Business.
Business owners are also invited to self-nominate.
How to nominate a business owner.
Open Nomination period for the 2020 Trailblazer Awards will run from September to December 2019. Watch this space for details.
Have a suggestion or tip you want to share? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
An online nomination form will be available during the Open Nomination period.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Follow Trailblazer News and Awards on Facebook and Twitter